Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday April 5th 2010...(Easter monday in Germany)

What an amazing weekend we had. It was incredible and awesome. I loved almost every minute of it and enjoy the time with Nick's family so much. :)
Friday night I was able to go to one of my mission reunions for the first time. It was awesome!!!! Well parts of it was awesome. ;) They even had bagpipes and drums there at the beginning and that was so cool. Loved it. The next part was mostly boring and soooooooooooooooooooooooo long. Man! People I don't know talking about who knows what FOREVER. I was like what the heck is this? That was actually the moment I was sad about not having my kids there because they would have been a great excuse to go outside with them for a while. ;) lol but I survived those 1 1/2 hours somehow and then we finally got split up in groups so we had little meetings/ get togethers with our mission president/s. It was great to see people again. There weren't that many there I knew this time but at least my last 2 "zoneleaders" one of my companions and one "sister" who served in my zone during my last 6 weeks. :) It was cool to catch up abit and think about those good old times. :) It was also great to see the office couple again I hadn't seen since they went home and other people I recognized even though I never really served around them. I also met a couple who used to be in my last ward on my mission. SOOOOOOOOOOOO cool to meet great people again after a long time.
Saturday was filled with family-fun. We had a nice easter breakfast as a family. Nick has 5 siblings and now that most of them are married and we are having kids too we are getting bigger. I am sure my in-laws love having all 5 grandkids around and it is fun to hang out with all of them because I really do feel like part of the family. Later we watched both sessions of General conference and then went out to dinner as a family since it was my mother-in-laws birthday. :) At night we got to hang out with Nick's best friend and his wife. It was awesome. I love those two they are soooooooooooooooooooo freaking hilarious and always make me laugh. (But it shouldn't surprise me very much though. Nick's best friend Scot actually has a lot of scottish blood in him, so of course he is going to be funny.) ;)
Yesterday then Nick and I went to Salt Lake to be live at General conference. It was amazing. Thanks to my uncle (who is a seventy) we had pretty good seats and it was just so great to be there. What an amazing and spiritual experience. :) The best part definitely was when we had the intermediate hymn: "I know what my redeemer lives". Wow it was so touching and brought tears to my eyes when we all sang the last verse together. Singing something like that with 21000 is just incredible. :)
After that we had lunch with my uncle, aunt and cousin/s at my uncle's office in the Church Office building. That too was pretty cool because Nick and I kind of felt like VIP's (Church VIP's of course). ;) lol. It was great to spend some time with them again. I hadn't seen them in a while so that was awesome.
It is so wonderful to hear the church leaders speak and to feel the spirit. I am so grateful that we were able to come here for a long weekend. It was totally worth it.
I love life when it is like this. Keeps you going, doesn;t it? :)

No comments: