Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thursday October 1st... morning after my first "real" baseball game

Ok I can't believe that we have October already. Doesn't time fly like crazy? 3 more months and we are in 2010. Whoa that is scary and cool at the same time. :)

Anyway I want to write about my very first real Baseball game experience. But first I want to say that I went to my class on Tuesday night and had soooooooooo much fun. It was well needed and I don't think I had laughed like that in quite some time.
So and yesterday then I got a call from my hubby telling that he might be able to get tickets for the baseball game at night through the military. A little later he called and said there were no more tickets. :( But again a while later he called back and said they still had some. I am like: "Stop messing with my head and make up your mind!" ;)
So yeah we went to the Balboa hospital to take a bus as a group. We almost missed it because some very smart person decided to have the bus wait on one side of the base and the tickets had to be picked up on the other side. :( We were late already but luckily they waited and so it was all good. (Still next time have the tickets where the bus is waiting. I mean HELLO some thinking is required.)
So yeah we got to Petco stadium and were greeted from someone from the media who took us to a "VIP-military-area" where we had free food (hotdogs, burgers and such) and drinks. Pretty cool. But some of those people were already drunk so that wasn't very cool since their language wasn't the greatest either. :( Then we went into the stadium and that really was an awesome experience. We actually had pretty good seats and I enjoyed it very much.
It was interesting to see because I knew quite abit about baseball already but man most of it was a bit boring as they always seem to take their time to actually do something. I am like well they can't get tired because they aren't doing anything. ;) But the padres won so that was awesome. And the little action we got was super cool. The field players in the back of the field did a great job catching a few balls out of the air and gave the LA dodgers one out or more. :D I have to say the dodgers really sucked last night. (I wasn't sad about it, but that made it more boring.)
One of the funny things I noticed that the padres pitchers did, was that before they actually threw the ball, they held it right behind their butt. I told Nick that it looked like they would fart on it before sending the ball off. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha I am still laughing about that. Seriously I am convinced they let some gas out so the other team would be distracted through the smell. Hahahahahahahahahahaha ok maybe not but it looked funny. :D
We won 5:0 so yeah it was a fun night I would always do again.

No comments: