Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tuesday November 17th 2009

I have been wanting to write for quite some time now but I was either to tired or just couldn't be bothered with it, but the past few days have been crazy and exciting again and of course I want to share that with everyone.

Last Wednesday was a holiday and a great day for me since my wonderful hubby took our boys to Legoland and I had a day to myself. :D So great. I had a physical therapy appointment in the morning (my last one, I am going to miss that since the therapists there were awesome and super nice) and then I cleaned some and relaxed with my favorite activity "the computer". Nick and I were planning on going to the temple that night and I wanted to make a meal for a family from our ward who just had a baby but other than that I was free, until...
2.40pm I get a phone call from the sister missionaries asking me if I could come and help teach a new-member discussion. Sure I could do that but they wanted me to be there by 3.30pm and it was all on the other side from Chula Vista. :O So that meant I had some major stress coming up. I got ready as quick as possible (the camera team was going to be there as well so I had to make-up myself up ;)) drove there as fast as possible (and allowed of course) and met with them, did the appointment, rushed home, fixed dinner very quick, got ready for the temple, left with Nick to drop of the food and go to the temple and I made it. It was a lot of work and stress but I am glad it worked all out because in the end I felt good about helping others.

Friday I had my class again and on Saturday I had my first "paid" acting job in Hollywood. I was cast for the game show "The Singing Bee" as an audience member. It was super cool and I am so proud of myself for driving there (in Nick's freaking car) all by myself. It is quite a drive and so I was gone most of the day since we recorded 2 shows.
I have to admit before getting there I hardly new anything about that show. I get so many e-mails and whatever sounds fun or good to me I submit myself to. I didn't even know who the host was and so obviously I was very surprised but in a good way when they announced Melissa Peterman as the host. WHOOHOO I am such a big fan of the TV-Show Reba and so seeing someone I know so well from that show so close was pretty cool. :D It was just so funny that they actually pay actors to be in the audience. I always thought the audience is people who have tickets or something but I guess that's not true anymore. ;)
Maybe I will be a host of a show like that someday too but I don't think I know enough about country music to be on that show. I love country music and I have a lot of music from Reba McEntire but that's about it.
It was a super cool experience and loads of fun but I was very exhausted in the end. You won't think that being in an audience could be exhausting and hard work but it really is as we had to repeat things over and over again, my hands were sore and swollen from clapping so much and my voice was mostly gone too. But I would do something like that in a heart-beat again. The drive was a bit scary but I have to say I am getting pretty good at it now finding places with mapquest and so I am getting more and more comfortable with that whole driving thing.

I really do love my new freedom with having a car and having the courage finally to drive it everywhere. (Ok almost everywhere, I still avoid downtown of course but hey I get even more comfortable with driving over the Coronado bridge!) :D

As for now I am working on getting off my extreme addiction from facebook. ;) I decided that in case my acting picks more up I need to focus more on my family and our home and learn how to balance things so my family doesn't feel neglected and of course the computer will be the first thing to go on my priority list. ;)
I have never been a very creative person/ Mom and so finding activities I enjoy as well as the boys is not so easy but I am getting there. Just you wait I will be "Super-Mom" at one point in life. Hahahahahahahahahaha good thing I can laugh about myself. I know it is never going to happen but I can dream that is my excuse for everything right now. :D

So yeah life is hectic and crazy right now and I miss hanging with my friends more often but I also love it. It feels good to be busy with things. I love going to the gym (I really need to do that again tomorrow), try to get my housework done and keeping my kids happy and occupied and so on.
I am a tired but very content (hope that makes sense and is the right word) with myself. So time to catch up on some sleep. Good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha!! So you tackled the drive to Hollywood huh? That is the sign of a true warrior. Its a pain in the butt. Gavyn had a Disney audition 2 weeks ago and I had to take him AND the baby...UUGGHH!!! Not fun but we survived. Glad to hear things are picking up for you. Take care. Tara

Rebifromgermany said...

lol yeah and I actually went again yesterday. I am so proud of myself I couldn't lift my nose any higher. ;) How are you guys? I haven't seen you in ages.
If Gavyn has another audition and you need a babysitter for your baby let me know. If I am available I am more than willing to help you out.