Friday, September 11, 2009

September 11th 2009

Today 8 years ago was a terrible day. I remember that day very well. Back then I was still in germany working as a receptionist in an eye doctor clinic. I remember a patient coming in right before I went home talking something about towers and a plane crashing in it. :O I went home and the first thing I did was turning on the TV to see what really had happened. It was shocking. All the rest of that day they pretty much only reported about that incident and everyone was terrified about it. Hard to believe that some people are willing to do something like that to destroy other people. :(
Later we heard those wonderful stories of how people were late for work and that's why they weren't in the towers. As terrible as it is, I do believe that God was watching out for them and blessed them in many ways. There could have been so many more people in those buildings and I am grateful I have my faith in God and that I can know that he is there for us no matter what happens. We don't always understand why certain things happen but I know it is for a reason.

Besides those thoughts I don't feel the greatest today. It started yesterday already. It probably has to do with the fact that I haven't been sleeping very well the past 2 nights and also my nose is stuffed and my throat feels pretty funky. :( I hate feeling sick. It really does suck and I hope my kids won't get it because that will suck even more.
But I probably should try to see it positive. Obviously my body is telling me I need to slow down (not that I have been doing much the past few days anyway) but after the past very busy weekend it is trying to tell me that I am not 20 anymore and that I can't keep going like that. Hahahahahahaha I sound like a 90 year old right now.
Last night I was watching 2 episodes from the TV-Show Reba. I love their sense of humor. It is so funny and it makes me laugh every time even though I have seen it quite a few times now. The coolest was when Van told Cheyenne she snored and that she sounded like a fog horn. Hahahahahahahaha! That totally made me feel better last night. After all, laughing is the best medicine.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ist wahrscheinlich die Schweingrippe. Hatten wir auch schon- so hat es sich wenigstens angefuelt. Linc und ich waren 3 Wochen krank, so krank wie schon ewig nicht mehr. Hoffenltich geht's dir bald besser! Sich ausschlafen kann man ja leider mit den Teppichratten (rug rats)nicht!

Rebifromgermany said...

lol das Wort rug rats habe ich ja noch nie gehoert. ;) Aber du hast recht man kann nicht wirklich ausschlafen. Tja ist halt so irgendwann wirds auch wieder besser. Nein ich glaube nicht das ich die Schweinegrippe habe. Nur eine dumme Erkaeltung. ;)

Rebecca said...

Na dann iss' ja gut! Aber du hast recht, es geht nur darum! War auch nur ein Scherz! Waere aber nicht witzig, wenn du sie wirklich haettest! Schade, dass du so weit weg wohnst, sonst koennten wir mal Spielgruppe zusammen machen. Vielleicht kommen wir ja irgendwann mal nach San Diego.